Alejandro Gómez Yepes was born in A Coruña, Spain, in November 1985. He received the M.Sc. and Ph.D degrees from the University of Vigo, Spain in 2009 and 2011, respectively.
From June 2008 he has worked in the Applied Power Electronics Technology Research Group (APET) of the University of Vigo. From April 2011 to July 2011, he joined the Department of Electronics and Electrical Engineering of Liverpool John Moores University, under the supervision of Prof. Emil levi, for a research stay. In August 2016, he has joined the Advanced Electric Machines and Power Electronics (EMPE) lab of Texas A&M University for a two-year postdoctoral research stay.
His research interests mainly include digital control of power electronics converters, with special focus, currently, on multiphase drives. He has authored more than 50 published technical papers in the field of power electronics. Out of them, 35 are published in JCR-indexed journals. He is member of the IEEE, the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society and the IEEE Power Electronics Society. He also serves as an Associate Editor of the IET Electric Power Applications.
- Yateendra Deshpande, Jan. 2015 – Aug. 2015, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX.
- Poopak Roshanfekr Fard, Jan. 2015 – June 2015, Chalmers University, Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Dong-Myung Lee, Feb. 2012-Sep. 2012, Hongik University, Seoul, Korea.
- Hasan Moradi, Nov. 2010-August 2011, Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran.
- Peter Omand Rasmussen, May-July 2008, Aalborg University, Denmark.
- Yuttana Kumsuwan, Oct. 2007- March 2008, Chiangmai University, Thailand.
- Jung-Chul Kim, LG Electronics, 2006-June 2008, Korea.
- Oh Yang, School of Electronics and Information Engineering, Cheong Ju University, March 2006-March 2007, Korea.
- Nam-Hun Kim, Department of Electrical Engineering, Yeungnam University, Sep. 2004-July 2007, Korea.
- Reginaldo Sousa Miranda, Sep. 2006-Dec. 2006, Federal University of Campina Grande, Brazil.
- Euzeli Cipriano dos Santos Junior, Sep. 2006- March 2007, Federal University of Campina Grande, Brazil.
- Chang-Ho Choi, June 2003-July 2006, POSCON Co., Korea.
- Isaac Soares de Freitas, Sep. 2006-Aug. 2007, Federal University of Campina Grande, Brazil.
- Chang Seop Koh, February 2003-May 2004, Chungbuk National University, Korea.
- Houcine Zeroug, October 1, 2002-February 2004, Department of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, U.S.H.B, Algiers, Algeria, Fulbright Scholar.
- Seok-Kwon Jeong, March 2001-February 2003, School of Mechanical Engineering, Pukyong National University, Korea
- Syed Mohammad Madani, October 2000-January 2003, Department of Electrical Engineering, Eindhoven University, Netherlands.
- Sergio Cruz, September 2002- January 2003, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Coimbra, Portugal.
- Karim Abbaszadeh, January 2002-December 2002, Department of Electrical Engineering, Amir-Kabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran.
- Haithem Abu-Rub, January 2001- December 2001, Department of Electrical Engineering, Bir Zeit University, West Bank, Israel, Fulbright Scholar.
- Mohab Hallouda, July 2000-September 2000, Department of Electrical Engineering, Cairo University, Egypt.
- Ali S. Ba-thunya, Feb. 2000-December 2000, Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Aden, Yemen.
- Kexin Wei, July 2000-December 2001, Tianjin Professional College, China.
- Jin Hur, July 1999-September 2000, Department of Electrical Engineering, Hanyang University, Seongdong-Gu, Korea.
- Homayoun K. Meshgin, January 2000-August 2000, Department of Electrical Engineering, Amir-Kabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran.